Roleplaying Without The Rules.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be the One to Save Me.

2 posters

Go down

Be the One to Save Me. Empty Be the One to Save Me.

Post  Morgan Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 am

Be the One to Save Me

Chapter One

Her heart stopped and her body jumped when she heard the breaking glass. Her parents were at it again. Her father drunk and her mother strung out on any drug she could get. Jessica and Jordan, her little brother and sister, where hopefully in their bed asleep. The fighting had been escalating since about nine and now it was almost two in the morning.
"Gregory, you arrogant… arrogant…well words can't express what you are!" Her mother yelled and something breaking followed suit.
"Shut your mouth Grace! Just go to bed before you wake the children!" Gregory, her father slurred past his drunken lips. "I'll pack and be out by sunrise."
"What about Jessica and Jordan? They are only six. They need you. And Marilyn will be seventeen next month."
"Marilyn can take care of them better than you any day!" Insults in a drunken language floated around the house. "You're an unfit mother! High all the time a-…"
"And you're not an unfit father Gregory James Kavanagh? Drunk every night?" Her mother interrupted.
"God Grace! I never sad I wasn't! I know I'm not a good father. I know…" Marilyn then heard the slow arriving sobs of her father. She wanted to cry herself. Marilyn grabbed a blanket and walked out of her room. She walked down the dark hallway that use to be illuminated with love, love a family shared. Now, darkened by the yelling floating up the stairs from the kitchen where the yelled brewed.
What was this place? To Marilyn it was just a place to sleep. Nothing more. No longer home, no longer a place to just have fun. Just a soulless house. All the pictures that lined the wall, where now twisted and lopsided. Their glass broken, shattered, cracked, or the frame distorted.
Marilyn made it down the lifeless hall and crept into Jessica and Jordan's room.
"Sissy..?" A voice snuck out of the darkness.
"Yes Jordan. It's me." Marilyn whispered before walking over to the bed they shared. "I was lonely and I wanted to know if I could sleep in here with you and Jessica."
Jessica sat up and smiled. "Of course Mari-lyn-lyn." She giggled. "Slumber party!"
Marilyn slipped into the bed. "Shh, Jess. It's late, use your night time voice and try to get some sleep."
Jessica nodded. She snuggled into the warmth and comfort of her big sister. It wasn't long before the yelling and breaking glass stopped and doors slammed. Jordan was asleep but Jessica and Marilyn were still awake. Marilyn heard a car start then heard her mother crying in the other room. She pulled Jessica closer to her body.
"It's gonna be okay.." Marilyn repeated in her head trying to convince herself that this would all stop. She knew she was almost seventeen, and couldn't do anything. She would still be a minor, but come eighteen, she was getting them all out of this. It wasn't a place for little kids.
"Marilyn, will mommy and dad be happy again?" Jessica asked sweetly.
Marilyn kissed her forehead. "I hope so, Bear, I really hope so." She whispered and played with Jessica's hair a bit. "Now close your eyes and go to sleep. I will be right here when you wake up. I will take you and Monkey to get ice-cream tomorrow afternoon if you get some sleep. You can't eat ice-cream when you're sleepy."
Jessica nodded. "Night night Dove."
"Night night Bear."
Morgan
Morgan
annnnnddddd you're fabulous.

Back to top Go down

Be the One to Save Me. Empty Re: Be the One to Save Me.

Post  babydoll16508 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 am

I like, I like.
babydoll16508
babydoll16508

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks, I don't know where Im gonna go with it yet though.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  babydoll16508 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 am

Figure it out woman! You're smart! :D
babydoll16508
babydoll16508

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum