Roleplaying Without The Rules.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College and my feelings about it.

2 posters

Go down

College and my feelings about it.  Empty College and my feelings about it.

Post  Peyton Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 am

So, I'm going to star this post off by saying that most of you probably don't know that I was going to culinary school.
I had started at this VERY expensive school, but had to drop out because of a back problem. Apparently I have scoliosis in my lower back, and another issue in my lower back that I can't remember the name of.
ANYWAY, I take medication for it, so it is to the point where I can't do TONS of standing, or heavy lifting. Which, if you've ever been in a professional kitchen, it's basically the WHOLE job.

Anywhore, my whole point to this is to say that I started at a Community College near where I live, and I just wanted to talk about how I'm feeling.
I literally just start TWO days ago. I only have two classes both of which are about two hours.
I'm taking a math class and a writing class. Can I just say I FUCKING LOVE COLLEGE.

High school was fine and all, but this experience is so much more rewarding, even from the TWO days I've been here. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who isn't thinking they WANT to go to college.

Everything is so laid back, at least that is how my teachers work so far. Classes are some what easy as long as you pay attention.
I have a two hour break in between my two classes, and only go to class on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Anyways, I just wanted to share cause I was thinking about it, and I love college so much more than high school.

Yup, okay I'm gonna go derp around now. Bye.
Peyton
Peyton
annnnnddddd you're fabulous.

Back to top Go down

College and my feelings about it.  Empty Re: College and my feelings about it.

Post  Fennec Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 am

College isn't always so laid back though. Depending on if you're taking courses for a specific job or not, college can be hell or heaven. I want to be a professional violinist and go to a music college. I know from what my orchestra teacher tells me that his son is really, really busy at music college. Just saying to anyone who thinks ALL college is a breeze.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum