Roleplaying Without The Rules.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untitled. (please read)

2 posters

Go down

Untitled. (please read) Empty Untitled. (please read)

Post  taylorphernelia Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:50 am

The only visible thing we could see through the fog, was a large chunk of wood protruding from Kayla's head. How it got there, no one knew for certain, but it was there; that we were certain of.

No one would cry over Kayla- we didn't have the time to stop and give her some type of funeral, and weep around for weeks because she was dead and we just couldn't live without her. Not only because it was a lie, we most certainly could live without her, but because it would make the situation a thousand times worse.

Morgan was the only one seriously upset. She was on the verge of tears from the moment she saw what had happened, and now was looking at the ground and blinking them away rapidly, though not doing a very good job, because most escaped and trickled down her cheeks. Derek reached a hand out and placed it lightly on her shoulder in comfort, but didn't keep it there long. He knew as well as I did, that we shouldn't linger here too long. When he did release his hand, he tugged her arm away from the scene, and started in the opposite direction; everyone followed in suit, though we didn't know where we would go from here on out. Kayla knew were to go- she seemed so certain that we'd find something, but.. it was too late for that, huh?

Morgan's feet shuffled loudly on the unpaved ground, and she often made sniffling and moaning sounds, obviously still crying, though now more open. Morgan was the youngest of us, though strikingly mature for her age, and I was quite surprised that she was the one crying. She was never particularly fond of Kayla, anyways, but what did I know? Maybe they were secretly best friends, or something along those lines.

"Don't look so upset, Lie." Celia muttered in my ear. I gave her a sneer, and picked up my pace. They didn't know if I was upset or not, they knew I hated showing when I was, too. Truth be told, I wasn't fazed at all. Though Kayla was our directory, our guide, she served no other importance. I didn't dislike her, or anything like that, but she just... wasn't necessarily needed. We had compasses, they could probably help us more than she could, anyways. Who was to say that Kayla really did know where she was going? Maybe she was just insane...

Celia stared at me, her mouth slightly open in shock. "She was not!" She hissed softly, trying, badly, to not draw attention to us. I bit my lip, remembering that she knew everything I thought. I raised one eyebrow, but didn't say anything else. I was never any good at whispering.

I still think she's a bit nutty, Celia. She didn't even stare at me when she heard this, but instead walked faster. "Truth hurts, kid." I mumbled, kicking a few stones as I passed them.

The night air was getting colder by the minute, but it didn't bother me too much. I liked the cold, it was nice and refreshing, compared to the usual immense heat we received in the daytime. I noticed Morgan slipping a jacket on her shaking self (I couldn't tell if she was trembling from the cold, or because of the scene she had just seen.)

Maybe, I thought, she saw more then us. Maybe she got to look past the fog, and saw whatever happened to Kayla. Saw who.. Who stuck that in her head. That was quite ridiculous, because there was no way anyone would be able to see through that thick fog, but for now, I concluded it as the only explanation and stopped thinking about it.

Derek had stopped suddenly, and I nearly ran into Celia because I hadn't realized we'd stopped, and ignoring her nagging, I easily looked over her to see why we had stopped.

A few miles ahead of us, there was a car. It's headlights were blinding, and the more I stared at them, I became dizzy. I blinked, and looked up at Derek. He wasn't possibly thinking of hitch-hiking....

Celia, who had heard that thought, widened her eyes and stared at Derek. "You better not be thinking that!" She said, in a shockingly, but clearly, threatening way. Derek was perhaps the smartest of us; he never thought suspicious things in front of Celia, he somehow blocked them, but at other times, Celia mentioned that she had no problem telling what he was thinking.

"I'm not." He mumbled, almost inaudibly, and then strode off. Frowning, I stayed where I was.

"Wait... Derek!" I called out, not moving. Celia hadn't really moved that much, either, the only person that had was Morgan, who was in Derek's grasp at the moment.

He stared at me, a look of sheer impatience spread across his face. "What?" He spat. Derek never had liked me, and I could never understand why. I hadn't done a damn thing to him, but it didn't matter much right now.

"Kayla.. she... We were heading in the other way. We were supposed to go that way.." I realized it wasn't a very convenient time to point this out, as we had just walked two or three miles in the opposite direction, but I didn't like that Derek was hiding his thoughts from Celia; it didn't seem right.

"And? She's dead, who the hell cares?" At these words, Morgan burst into hysterics and fell to the ground. I was about to tell her to get control of herself, but Derek was too distracting.

"And, she knew where we were going. She knew that we needed to go that way. DO YOU know where we're supposed to go? Do you have some secret plan, because if you do, feel free to share it with everyone." He glared at me, but didn't say anything. It would've made no difference, because nothing could be heard over Morgan's raging fit.

I, not caring if anyone followed, quickly walked away from them- in the right direction, this time. Someone followed me, but I didn't look behind to see who, and after a while I heard more feet shuffling, and Morgan standing up and running towards us.

It would be a very long night, at this rate.
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia
you've got the hang of it.

http://white-elephants.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Untitled. (please read) Empty Re: Untitled. (please read)

Post  Morgan Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:40 am

Very good. I like it so far. I like the name selection. Its funny because you used my middle name,Morgan. More please
Morgan
Morgan
annnnnddddd you're fabulous.

Back to top Go down

Post  taylorphernelia Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:44 am

Thank you! I'm not sure where I'm even going with this, it just kind of... came out.. but I'll try to write more soon.
And really? Lol, I was just thinking of random names. c:
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:48 am

Yeah. My middle name is Morgan. A friend's name is Kayla. A cousin's name is Derek so it weird but cool at the same time
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  taylorphernelia Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 am

Aha, that is really weird. xD
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 am

It is. But anyway,very creative
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  taylorphernelia Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks, again! It's really nice to know that at least ONE person reads what I post.
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 am

Mainly anything in the writers section I will at least look at it. See if it catches me. If it doesn't then it doesn't if it does then I'll keep reading. Im a writer myself so
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  taylorphernelia Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:51 am

Yeah, I gotcha. I do the same thing.
Have any, ANY, ideas for a title?
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 am

No sorry. All my creativity is going into a story Im typing to post called 'The Purple Bruise' Sorry no ideas. Ill tell you if I think of anything.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  taylorphernelia Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:54 am

Alright, aha.
I want to post it on other websites, but I want a title first, y'know?
and oohhoahsodfhasdfasdf. i wanna read it c:
lol like whenever you're done or whatever,
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:57 am

Its kinda short, my first chapters are always short and they seem to get longer and longer. I just finished the first chapter. About to post in a few minutes.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  taylorphernelia Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:58 am

Alriiighttyy. c:
My chapter sizes vary on how creative i'm feeling, i guess.
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 am

Posted. 5 or 4 and 1/2 paragraphs lol.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  taylorphernelia Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 am

lol i'll read it now xD
taylorphernelia
taylorphernelia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down