Roleplaying Without The Rules.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peyton and Foxy

2 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Peyton and Foxy - Page 4 Empty Re: Peyton and Foxy

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 am

Cade almost laughed at the scene before him and murmured, "Oh, I know how you feel, love." He went and built up the fire and moved towards Vara. "Time for bed, sweet." He pulled her into his arms like a child and started carrying her toward her chambers, humming some soft lullaby to keep her sleeping. She looked so sweet and tired. Too tired. When they were married, he decided he'd let her sleep all day long if she wanted to. She didn't deserve all of this stress.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 am

Vara stirred again, mumbling as they walked down the hall. A few guards offered to take her from him, but she held tightly to Cade and they figured it would only wake her to take her from him now. But, once she was partially lying in bed she didn't let go, in fact she was partially awake now, "You're home..." She breathed into the crook of his neck, "I was worried..." Her breath was warm as it danced along his skin, her voice soft and low.
Peyton
Peyton
annnnnddddd you're fabulous.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:23 am

Cade looked down at Vara, somewhat surprised by how she held onto him and the emotion in her voice. She'd stayed up all night worrying herself over him? "Yes, I'm home now. You were worried for me? Why were you so worried, love?" He lowered himself so he was half in the bed, propped up on his forearm. He used his free hand to gently push back her hair.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:28 am

She took in a breath like she was going to speak, but her arms slipped off of him and she was asleep again. Her expression much less stressed and worried, and more relaxed. Vara could sleep better now, knowing that Cade was back and unharmed. Alavara's chest rose and fell slowly and rhythmically as she fell deeper and deeper into sleep. Her lips were parted slightly and her head turned to the side, this was probably the first good sleep she was getting in the last forty-eight hours.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:35 am

Cade watched her for a moment then smiled slowly, some warm feeling making his chest ache a little as she slept so peacefully. He leaned in and pressed a very gentle kiss to her forehead then covered her and made sure her hearth was burning strongly before taking a chair and placing it just outside her door. He sat there and turned away any guards or servants that tried to enter. She was going to sleep good and long, and he was going to make sure of that.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:43 am

Alavars slept for almost 13 hours, and when she finally stirred she was lost as to why she was in bed. She didn't remember anyone picking her up and taking her back to her room. But as her head became less foggy she remembered Cade, he was back! Quickly she threw a shawl over her arms and ran out into the hall, not seeing him sitting there at the door. She was looking for him though, and she rushed down the hall, her bare feet pattering on the cold stone.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 am

Cade, having heard Vara stirring in her bedroom, had gone to his own room to get some much needed sleep. He was absolutely exhausted, both form saving the child's mother and staying up so long to let Vara sleep. He was so tired that he got halfway through unlacing his boots when he just gave up and feel asleep with them on. There was nothing in his face that suggested how tired he was, but that was because Incubi didn't ever actually look tired. He murmured soft things in his sleep that were mostly in Welsh, but Vara's name slipped out a few times.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:02 am

Vara tried not to burst into his room loudly, and was relieved to see him sleeping there. It only occurred to her then that she probably was a mess and it was better he wasn't seeing her now. Biting her lip she walked over to him and brushed his hair from his forehead, "I'm glad you're home," She told him though he was sleeping, and she turned to walk away. She needed to get cleaned up and get things done, just because Cade was there did not mean the war over or that her royal duties were done.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:19 am

Cade stirred and his eyes fluttered open, silver as starlight in the dark room. "Vara," he said softly, knowing the surprise of his voice was stop her. He half sat up and reached for her, moving slowly, still tired. He took her hand and led her back to the bed. He didn't care about formality at the moment, and pulled her down so she was nestled in his side. "Lay with me for a while, manon. Keep me warm while I sleep," he murmured against her hair. It was a strange statement. The room was very warm, and so was Cade.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 am

Alavara would normally of gotten up almost right away, but now she made no movements to get up. She was  just glad to see that he was okay, "Alright," She murmured to him and lay still where he pulled her in, "Why do you call me Manon?" Vara asked him after a while of silence.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:33 am

Cade, eyes open only a fraction, smiled as slow and sweet as honey. "Oh, I can't tell you that." His voice was low and slightly raspy. "When you come to Wales, ask someone to teach you Welsh and then find out what it means. Until then, it's a secret, dei. Dei means 'beloved.' That's the only word I'll tell. Now hush, and sleep with me." He nuzzled his face into her neck and gave a soft, happy hum. There was a lovely scent coming from him though. In his half-asleep state, he was somewhat losing hold on his pheromone, the thing that usually turned people into happy, giggling morons around Incubi.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:07 am

As Vara laid there, she tried to relax but her head was spinning and she was having a hard time getting comfortable. In fact, it was making her more awake than tired though she could probably sleep a few more hours. Sitting up she looked down at Cade and wondered if that had anything to do with him, because based on what she'd read the other night it could possibly be him putting something off without really meaning to. "I've got to get some things done anyway," She told herself and left Cade to sleep and crawled out of the bed.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 am

Cade opened his eyes and grabbed her hand, and immediately the scent disappeared. He pouted sleepily and let his head rest on his pillow. "Ten minutes. That's all I ask. I gave you thirteen hours, dei." He squeezed her hand. "And if not now, then tonight after dinner when we sleep through the night. We have to try to share a bed, because that will be our norm once we're married."
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:21 am

Vara almost yelled in surprise, he'd woken up so fast. Looking back at him she shook her head, "We will work on that when we're married, besides, I have the worst headache right now." She said and pulled her hand from his, "I have things to attend to, please, excuse me," She bowed her head respectfully and left the room, this time not allowing him to catch her. Once out in the hall she went back to her own room to call in a maid to help her change. It was hard to change in and out of corsets and dresses with elaborate ties.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:29 am

//Aaah, something exciting has to happen. I can't post. I don't know what to post. xO
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:19 am

//Nevermind, I'll try. :p

Cade sighed and curled up under his blankets, thinking very bitterly that the only time she was ever going to be nice to him was when he was hurt or she was mostly asleep. He was a demon, yes, and he understood that it would be hard to connect with him because of the long-standing fear. But if they didn't find a way to work around that, they would never get along and the marriage would never work. The alliance would have no effect.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:13 am

It wasn't that Cade was scary, or that he hurt her, that scared her. It was her own self and how connected she felt to him already. She didn't want to be, considering she felt guilty about it, when the person who gave their heart to her died protecting her. Vara sighed and walked into the study, trying to keep her mind off of Cade. She began working on documents, signing and editing them slowly. It was a grueling process and did nothing to distract her.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:42 am

Cade woke up sometime later, a ways before dinner her guessed, and got up to get dressed. He refused to let a maid dress him and make the fire, instead letting her sit in a chair nearby while he did those things himself. She seemed amazed he was being so kind, but he guessed that was expected. He was sure no human guest ever cared to let her rest, let alone someone like him, a demon king. He had a very nice conversation with the maid as he walked down the hall to Vara's study, and then they parted ways. He promised he would talk to Vara about either slightly better wages or at least better living conditions.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 am

Vara was still in the study, but again had fallen asleep at her desk. This had been happening more and more lately, and even though she'd slept for so long the night before she still looked exhausted. That happened when you had all the hopes and dreams of an entire populous weighing down on you. Alavara's hair was still done up from having someone do it, and her crown tilted own on her head like it might fall off if she sat up too fast. Beneath her cheek were parchment documents about wages and such for the staff. Her father had not been the same as her, she was far more kind hearted than he. And though she was in charge it was still a process to switch official laws and or change them. In fact their was a council she had to talk to, things to edit and sign, and people to inform. 
When Cade walked in a maid greeted him, she was sweeping around the fireplace and smiling, "M'lady is just taking a cat nap, I'll leave you two," She bowed with smile and was gone.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:11 am

"This is not a cat nap," he murmured to himself with a sad frown. He had to be absolutely direct with her when she woke up. He wasn't going to allow her to work herself to death like she was doing now. Though he'd only known her for a short while, he really did care about her and worry for her. He moved over to her and cleaned up her desk, then pulled her into his arms once more to take her back to her bedroom. As he carried her, he pressed his lips to her hair and sighed, whispering softly to her even though she was sleeping. "Oh, dei. Don't you realize it hurts me to see you so stressed? I promise you that you'll never have to work so hard once we're married." Once he laid her in bed, he removed her boots, unpinned her hair, and set her crown on the bedside table. He covered her with her blankets and got a good fire started in her hearth, then, hesitating slightly, removed his shoes and laid next to her. "Rydych chi mor ddewr..." he whispered softly to her sleeping form.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:29 am

It was a good three hours before Vara stirred. "And I decree that all laws shall be applied hence forth!" She half shouted sitting up quickly. It took her a moment but she looked around and realized she wasn't in the council meeting like she'd dreampt rather, she was in bed. Sighing in a relaxing way she looked over to find Cade lying there sleeping beside her. Thats when she noticed her hair was let down and there was no weight of a crown on her head. He must have put her to bed, because she'd known that she'd fallen asleep in the study. "Thank you," She murmured to his sleeping self and pushed herself to her feet. She was starving and she was sure that Cade needed to...eat...
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:44 am

//So, I've been thinking. The place Cade comes from is Wales, which is in the U.K. About where do you think Vara's kingdom is then? And I think at some point, they should make a decision to make a large town or small kingdom inbetween the two for humans and demons to both live in peace. But at some point very soon. And I want the wedding to happen before they actually fall in love with each other, because that really adds drama. :3 What are your thoughts?

Cade stirred at the feeling of Vara leaving the bed, frowning and opening his starlight-colored eyes when the warmth beside him was gone. "Vara, fy cariad ond yn, why are you leaving?" He reached for her hand and laced their fingers together, giving an uncharacteristically sweet smile. "Are you hungry? I can bring you your dinner if you'd like. You been working so hard, you deserve to rest as much as possible."
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 am

//I completely agree with those ideas. I really like the wedding one. Also, I was thinking that she would be from Ireland, of course, her family wouldn't be originally from there, at least not all of it. :P  I looked up a map and Wales and Ireland are right across the ocean from each other so that would be perfect. 

Alavara was surprised to have Cade grab her hand, but when he smiled at her she returned it. "I am, actually, but I was going to go find you a....do you even call is a meal?" She asked him, and then smirked. There was a slightly humorous tone somewhere inside her question. She squeezed his and then slipped it free so she could turn to face him. "I'm sorry I woke you," Vara apologized.
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Peyton Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:16 am

//bump?
Peyton
Peyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennec Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:26 am

//Awesome. :D Do you have any good ideas for extra conflict between them, so we can really drag out the romance? Oooh, like Cade's 'meals.' Once they're married, Vara should maybe make Cade only have his 'meals' with her or something. I dunno. Something that forces them to deal with this problem of him being a sexy demon man. xD

Cade laughed a little and surprisingly, he blushed. He rubbed a hand over his pink cheek and sat up, slightly embarrassed. "Waking me up is absolutely fine. And no, I don't call that a meal. I don't really call it anything. I honestly find it embarrassing that I have to sustain myself that way. I don't like doing it." His voice was soft, and he couldn't look at Vara. He got up and ran a hand through his hair, then motioned to her bed. "Please, lay down, dei. I'll bring you your dinner. And I won't take no for an answer." He smiled briefly and made for the door.
Fennec
Fennec
liek hay gurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next